Reviewed by Wendy
What it is: [Amazon product description]
- EDUCATIONAL: Electrical components provide children ages 8+ with hands-on experience designing and building models of working electrical circuits
- 120 EASY TO FOLLOW ALONG PROJECTS: Illustrated manual included with over 120 projects to keep kids learning and busy for hours
- STEM CURRICULUM BASED PROJECTS: A fun way to peak interest in your little one’s Science, Technology, Engineering & Math
- EXPANDABLE: Buy additional kits and brick sets to let your child use their imagination and create their own projects!
- LIGHTED BRICKS, SOUNDS, & MOTION bring this project to life. Your child will build flying saucers, fans, flashing lights, switches and speakers with easy to follow and fun instructions
Brain Benefits: logic & reasoning; visual processing; planning, attention; motor skills
What I Love: My 9-year-old son loves Legos and always says he wants to be an engineer, so I thought this would be a way to combine his two interests. The kit comes with 34 different colored pieces that contain electrical components and a magnet. If you connect them in certain ways, you can build a fan, flashing lights, buttons to switch things on and off and music through the speaker. Although the package comes with a booklet that uses illustrations to show kids how to make more than 115 projects, my son had fun figuring out how to connect things to make them work on his own. I love the concept of adding working (but safe) electrical circuits to simple building blocks to encourage STEM-based fun!
What I would change: The directions seemed a bit difficult to understand, so perhaps simplify them.